Large Murano fluted vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Susan Perkins, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Susan Perkins

Susan Perkins New Member

I am unable to identify this Murano piece. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have found similar but not exactly same shape or color. Does anyone seen this piece before or know it's value. Any help is appreciated . Thanks

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

2A216747-034B-42C6-B9EB-04FF44BD3267.jpeg 41D70987-0F78-4910-B3EB-1BBE3825E416.jpeg Welcome to the Forum, Susan! :)
    Clicking Full Image will give the biggest view. Glass folks will be along.

3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I can only note that it says it was made in Italy following the techniques of the masters of Murano, but does not claim it was actually made in Murano. I like it though; I'm a sucker for these ruffled ones.

4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

This is a well-known misleading label. It does claim to be made in Italy but is definitely not made in Murano. I believe a lot of items with these stickers are sold in the higher-end home goods stores in the US.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

JUST imagine the FABULOUS bouquet of colorful flowers that could hold!!!!!
    WOW!!!!! Murano or Not!!!

Bronwen and i need help like this.
  7. Daniel Johnson

Daniel Johnson New Member

I just saw one of these today at a Habitat for Humanity Restore. It had $15.00 for a price.
    I thought maybe Murano but wanted to be sure.
    Are we sure this isnt Murano? The one I saw had no stickers.

8. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Murano is not the name of a company, it is a series of islands in Italy. So the vase pictured is "in the style of Murano", made in Italy.

aaroncab likes this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It isn't made on Murano and not even made in Italy, sometimes. Very deceptive labels these. Some are at least made in Empoli but not all. I see these vases a great deal.

aaroncab and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted