Large Wall Hanging Pottery Art

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by TuanTX, Mar 21, 2023.

1. TuanTX

TuanTX New Member

I recently purchased a large wall-hanging pottery art piece at an estate sale.
    The dimensions of the piece are 25" in length, 10.5" in depth, and 4.5" in height. It weighs approximately 7 lbs. There are 2 holes on the back for wall hanging.
    2.JPG 6.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 8.JPG 7.JPG Although there is a maker's mark or signature, I'm unable to read it. I'm seeking any information about this piece or pottery art of this kind and would greatly appreciate any insights you may have.

Bronwen and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Rub a little flour in that signature then brush it off. Or cinnamon . Sometimes that helps you see it better. I like this piece. I went thru a pottery phase for a bit and Id have certainly bought it.

3. TuanTX

TuanTX New Member

Another close-up photo of the mark. Second photo with some flour on the mark

2.JPG 1.JPG

johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Don't think it's for hanging on your wall. Probably a console bowl (put on a coffee table or other piece of furniture such as a stereo cabinet); IIRC, a mid century decorating style. I think this is studio pottery. That style of impressing foliage into pottery for design is about 1980s onwards?

TuanTX, Bakersgma and all_fakes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted