Featured Majorlica owls??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Andrewjamesantiques, May 29, 2022.

1. Andrewjamesantiques

Andrewjamesantiques New Member

2A14EB74-EFAF-4AAC-A84B-BF2ABF9C2C5F.jpeg 0ACDC054-9BCF-4F5D-8301-1AB2A79E9763.jpeg 0ACDC054-9BCF-4F5D-8301-1AB2A79E9763.jpeg Hey guys

I think these are majorlica owls but not 100% sure. Cant find much info on them. Has anyone seen these before?

they were my grandmas

thanks
    Andy

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Andy. We always like to see the bottoms of things, whether there are obvious marks there or not.

judy, Any Jewelry and bercrystal like this.
  3. Andrewjamesantiques

Oh ok no worries I’ll post a pic next time I’m home , I don’t think there’s marks but I’ll post anyway as requested thankyou for your reply!

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Hello @Andrewjamesantiques & welcome to the forum!!! :happy::happy:

I think you may have meant majolica owls. ;) :oops: :):)

As was suggested above bottom photos are always a good idea, especially on pottery items. Sometimes the color of the clay & the construction of the piece can say more than any marks. :):)

5. Andrewjamesantiques

Brill that’s really helpful advice I will take some close up photos and the bottom as soon as I can. Thanks so much

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

LauraGarnet02 and judy like this.
  7. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted