Featured Maker of Double Trefoil Paperweight

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by drg642, Apr 29, 2024.

1. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

This paperweight is about 3 inches wide and 2 inches tall, unsigned, slightly concave base with a ground rim, quite a bit of wear on the rim, and scattered surface scratches on the dome if you look closely.
    Of the trefoil paperweights I've looked at on-line, it looks most like Baccarat to me, but there are other makers. Has an internal dark blob flaw shown in the 3rd photo, which I guess I would not expect a Baccarat paperweight to have. Can anyone tell who the maker of this is?

bac1.JPG bac2.JPG bac3.JPG bac4.JPG

2. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

Baccarat DuPont?

J Dagger, komokwa and mirana like this.
  3. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Yes, kind of looks like that to me, but can't be sure. I've sent off photos to a paperweight site that says they will help with ID. Will report back if I learn anything.

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

mirana likes this.
  5. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Oooh. Really nice definition on the canes. Sweet thing.

6. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link Aquitaine. I had already sent photos to a different site, and got a reply. It is a Baccarat from the 1920s - 1930s, referred to as Baccarat Dupont. Good call Sdcookie2.

Aquitaine, komokwa and mirana like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted