Modeline Lamp Value?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Roadan, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Roadan

Roadan New Member

Hello to all who value antiques!

I have a lamp which I am having difficulty placing a ball park value on that came from my fathers estate. I live in a small town without a way of getting an appraisal for now and found this website so I thought id ask those who may know.

Modeline
    Style 8945
    Finish Black Smoke

Attached Files:

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi,welcome! We normally dont offer prices,theres just too many factors involved to be accurate .Location is everything for items like your fabulous lamp! I did a little searching,they seem to be popular but prices are all over the map.Lots of surprisingly high asking prices.They sell in the 100's none the less. Is that lamp Lucite? Im a huge 80s fan,so I doubly love this lamp. If selling online id ask at least $400 and go from there.
    OR what Brad said!:)

4. Roadan

Roadan New Member

Yes, the lamp is a smoked Lucite. At this point I am not really interested in selling it rather just trying to get a ball park area of its value. A friend found a pair at one time that sold for $1500 a year or two ago. Id think pairs are more valuable.

Thank you so far for the posts/help!

5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

It's a super cool lamp. Love it! One small observation, the photo makes it look like there is some discoloration on the shade -- if I'm seeing that correctly, will impact value. (If just a reflection of light in the photo, never mind...)

Love the style, definitely a keeper. Absolutely amazing that you have the original tag for the lamp. I've never seen that before.

Nice! :)

6. Roadan

Roadan New Member

Just the light. Perfect condition and thank you very much : )

Draft saved Draft deleted