My Grandparent's Estate Sale: Teak Furniture, China, Linens, Militaria

Discussion in 'Sell' started by RachelW, Dec 6, 2023.

1. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

Hi all!

I'm posting this for those in the Tupelo/Northern Mississippi area who may be interested in my grandparents' estate sale this weekend. My grandparents were avid collectors of high quality pieces of all kinds, so there's bound to be something for everyone. Unfortunately only half of the storage unit they left behind is being sold this weekend, as the lady who we are sharing with has added a lot more to the sale after the fact.

We have kept my grandmother's silver and brass, and some of the crystal, but there is a full set of Royal Doulton china, some crystal, signed prints, as well as some items from my grandfather, including loads of fishing tackle and some of his 50s/60s US Navy apparel/paraphenalia. There are also vintage books, high quality vintage linens, and various household items.

Please note due to the status of the shared sale, the items listed are not guarunteed to be in the sale as we don't know which half of the unit the estate team took. I do know for a fact that the RD china is there.

What I do know will also be there is their set of mid century Japanese and Danish teak furniture. The Danish set is a coffee and two side tables, they're a little newer (80s/90s), but in good condition. The Japanese teak dates to <1963, my grandparents brought the furniture back to the states from when my grandfather was stationed in Japan in the early 60s. There are two sets, one is a table, 6 chairs, and one side board. The other is a bedroom set of two side tables and two dressers. Also part of the bedroom set is a headboard, but unfortunately it was tucked between two mattresses and missed by the team, so that's available but still in the unit in Tupelo and would probably have to be picked up. They have been priced individually but we would really love to have the Japanese set go together since that's how they've been for the last 60 years. There is some damage.

There are also some of my mother's china and porcelain from our own storage unit. Most of the items she's contributed are vintage from France.

This is the link to the estate sale page, and the address will be posted tomorrow. Some of our items are on the bottom half of the photos, just after the teak. I fly out to Turkey tomorrow so I'm posting this tonight.

If you do end up purchasing something, please do let me know and I'll be happy to give you the family history!​

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted