Need held identity hobo figurines

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Merv Newell, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Merv Newell

Merv Newell New Member

9F48E5AF-308D-4F18-9C90-DA10D62D9340.jpeg 47D4FF28-FA72-4AF4-814F-0191D16A203E.jpeg I found these at an estate sale - not typically what I collect but they reminded me of ones my grandma had but I can’t figure out what/who they are. A person on another board said they thought they might be German - the trademark is blurred but it appears to be an acorn and the letter M but I’m guessing at that - any info at all would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Style is more Italian.

Aquitaine and Bakersgma like this.
  4. Merv Newell

Merv Newell New Member

Ok thanks - does the trademark look familiar at all?

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS, Merv!!!

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think it might be German and those marks might be in Rontgen. I know I've seen them somewhere. INH has the blue marks upside down.

cxgirl likes this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. Merv Newell

Merv Newell New Member

Thanks for the info - yes I think the marks are upside down in the pic as well - I think its an acorn and the letter M - its just that the item number, the C9817 or C4817, whatever it is was right side up so I went with that. They seem to be very nice quality - would Rontgen figures fall into that category - like I said this is not what I typically collect so out of my element here

9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Rontgen is a book of German and Austrian porcelain marks:

Marks on German, Bohemian, and Austrian porcelain : 1710 to the present

10. Merv Newell

Merv Newell New Member

Oh ok thanks - learn something new everyday :) - price is a little steep on Amazon for the book just to figure out what these are - so hopefully somebody recognizes that mark

11. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  12. clutteredcloset49

i need help likes this.
  13. Merv Newell

Merv Newell New Member

I enlarged the mark and tried to sharpen it - definitely feel like its an acorn - in the top part almost looks like a crown and the bottom part to me it looks like a funky S but my guess is 10 people would look at it and see 10 different things - the mark is just to get the best details out of it IMG_9324A.jpg IMG_9324B.jpg

moreotherstuff likes this.
  14. clutteredcloset49

i need help likes this.
  15. Lepicker

Lepicker New Member

Maybe...E & A Muller Germany

16. Chris Marshall

Chris Marshall Well-Known Member

17. Merv Newell

Merv Newell New Member

cxgirl likes this.
  18. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Chris to the rescue! I was looking through my own copy of Rontgen and not making a connection. Chris' site is more comprehensive.

clutteredcloset49 and cxgirl like this.
  19. Merv Newell

Merv Newell New Member

yeah thanks all for the help - I cant believe you guys found it I couldn't find anything like it on my searches - I knew they were old but wasn't expecting them to be that old

cxgirl and clutteredcloset49 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted