Need help dating these

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Joe777, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Joe777

Joe777 Active Member

If someone could please let me know how old they are and what they are worth that would be great. The “swag” lamp is dated 1974 by rd dero ent

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Christmasjoy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

3. Joe777

Joe777 Active Member

Yeah that’s what I was thinking on them as well but thought they might be a bit older, thanks

4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

@Joe777 , can give it some time to let others respond, we have a lot of members! ;) Someone may think it to be older...

I am pretty sure that a close-up photograph of the "on-off" switch will give us a good clue, if you want to take one and post it up.

Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  5. Joe777

Joe777 Active Member

Ok I’ll put a close up of the switch and plug. The 70’s would make sense as the other stuff I recieved from my grandma dates from the 70’s

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

To my eye, they look a bit earlier.

Debora

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  7. Joe777

Joe777 Active Member

Ahh well that would be cool. Can you believe that they would have ended up in the garbage dump if I had not taken them! One of them was actually placed into a trailer for the dump. My relatives almost chucked them

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Late 60s to early 70s on the table lamp. Likely made in Italy, or just as likely, with Italian parts.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  9. Joe777

Joe777 Active Member

Okay thank you very much, you sound like you know what’s you’re talking about. Any clue on what they are worth as the pair?

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Value really is dependent on where and how you intend to sell. These would be worth very little in my semi-rural Midwest market. In CA in a high end shop, could be worth quite a bit. Selling on craigslist or on fb marketplace will be off-retail. You might check ebay completed/sold listings to get an idea. Search terms would be Hollywood regency prism lamp and Hollywood regency swag lamp. Ebay may be a good place to sell if you are in a market like mine and are willing to ship.

11. Joe777

Joe777 Active Member

Thanks for the response again brad. I live in Winnipeg Canada which does have a wide variety of people and tastes. Once again, I do not plan to sell but was just curious if I had myself a pair of $200 lamps or $500+ lamps?

12. Joe777

Joe777 Active Member

Disregard the “once again” I thought I mentioned that earlier but did not!

Draft saved Draft deleted