Featured need help for art glass and pottery selection

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by jingyel, Mar 10, 2020.

1. jingyel

jingyel Well-Known Member

Hello, I found some art glasses and pottery pieces form a local estate auction. I wonder if you could help me to identify the origin, age and market value? Thanks. IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg IMG_0624.jpg IMG_0625.jpg IMG_0626.jpg IMG_0627.jpg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Well, I see a decorative Italian Majolica wall plaque which would likely have been one of a set representing the four seasons. You have autunno or fall, when the grape harvest takes place. Here's a similar set

Debora

ghe285-4s.jpg

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

The bearded man is Russian Santa - Grandfather Frost.

4. i need help

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That snake is fabulous ! Is that a Royal Doulton lady lurking in the back ?

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Are these all things not yet purchased? (So for upcoming estate auction that hasn't happened yet?)

i need help and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Think we're being used to winnow.

Debora

Bakersgma, i need help and johnnycb09 like this.
  9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Ah. Got it. :happy: I'm actually okay with that, but I didn't want to make too many less than positive suggestions if these were items already purchased. I guess I was thinking that these things didn't look that great for resale. Sort of mid-low end 1980s/90s. The snake thing is kind of interesting but unless signed (and able to find the artist to check values) I would pass with the possible exception of the milifiori piece which looks like it might be a lamp shade possibly?? (I can't really tell from the photo, but appears to be missing something.) More research would be needed on that. Not spotting any other item that would be particularly lucrative for resale, but just my opinion of what sells where I live.

Darkwing Manor and i need help like this.
  10. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

There are some Ursula figurines on the lower shelf you might check. Some sell for a bit it seems depending on maker etc

Actually I think they might be Lenox and if so seem collectible.

i need help likes this.
  11. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

That's a mille fiori mushroom lamp shade. Prices are all over the place, looking at Google. Is the matching base around there anywhere?

i need help likes this.
  12. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

And now I see the blue mille fiori vase has a Venetian dragon handle. Looks like a student's attempt, which is still a whole lot more skilled than the average person could muster. Here is an updated version of the dragon by Bill Gudenrath at Corning. He's managed to work out how to create one without any assistants. Bill Gudenrath.jpg

cxgirl and i need help like this.
  13. i need help

The eggplant COULD be Murano or Czech, or not. (No real way to tell)

14. jingyel

Thank you all for the comments.
    All the art glass pieces are in the coming auction of Sunday. I have not decided if I shall take the risk of going onsite.

15. jingyel

actually there is a carved mark on the bottom end if you look at it carefully.

Draft saved Draft deleted