Featured Need Help to ID Old Pressed Glass Pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Mar 17, 2015.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I was going through all the "stuff" in my basement and saw this and decided it would look nice with a wash, and it does. It's one of those really heavy old pieces of pressed glass, the base is cut n shut, and the pattern is heavy hobstars. I found one on line but that seller doesn't know who made it either. It measures 9" high and 5 1/2" diameter at the base. TIA for any help!

DSCF2892.jpg
    DSCF2893.jpg
    DSCF2894.jpg
    DSCF2895.jpg

2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

McKee Bros. 'Martec' c1906; McKee typically referred to this form as a tankard in their catalog.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    pearlsnblume, bercrystal and *crs* like this.
  3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Don! I forgot to mention that there is a rim at the top where I assume that a lid would have been. I tried to photograph it but it just blends in with the pitcher.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

the one's I've seen didn't have a lid; not sure how a lid would fit with the sawtooth edge unless it was a bit recessed. checked the 1902 catalog and none of the tankards in it have any type of lid...

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Pam,
    Great pitcher but FABULOUS photos. That rim just may be a mold line
    greg

6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think the inside rim is just part of the way the pitcher was made. But it sticks out about 1/8" or better. Thanks for the compliment, greg. I just washed and dried the pitcher and put it on the table for a minute. When I came back to it, the light was coming through the door and it looked so nice, I just snapped the pics right then. Here's a photo of the rim.

DSCF2899.jpg

7. Outlawsister2

Outlawsister2 New Member

I have something similar! Also have a creamer and sugar that may match this. File is too large how do I correct that?

8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

The only way that I know to compress your photos is to creat an email to myself and attach the too large photos. After I receive the email that I sent to myself, my email app has compressed the files. Then I move them to my desktop all nicely compacted and they are suitable to attach to a post.

You can reply to this thread and attach your photos. We would all like to see them. Now I'm going to check my spreadsheet and see what I did with this Tankard.

Draft saved Draft deleted