Featured Nice rhinestone brooch + stick pin and bracelet

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by J Dagger, Jan 1, 2023.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

8B659906-C276-438D-967B-6BDEDA6A5E16.jpeg This came in the same lot as the Kenneth Lane brooch and the Hs earrings pictured in a different thread. It’s a real beauty. Has an art nouveauish feel but with a newer safety clasp. Any ideas where/when from? Also wondering what the shell? is on the stuck pin? I’ve seen it before but not sure on name. Lastly any idea where the bracelet is from and when? Not too old it doesn’t look like but kinda neat. 7F7D52C4-3624-4190-89F1-06BB6FB7AE5F.jpeg AAD4716B-640E-4771-BFC4-2B7785EF2429.jpeg 23C716CD-7BFF-47C6-AB2F-88090F8A525A.jpeg 6CCAEC89-7D15-47E5-AD2C-D33A9981F5E8.jpeg CE3737B1-21A5-4AC8-9E1E-2FDF0970A43D.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    KSW, bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The stickpin looks like an operculum from a seashell.

KSW, bercrystal, quirkygirl and 5 others like this.
  3. J Dagger

it sure does! You put a nail in that one! Too bad it doesn’t also look like solid gold!

KSW and komokwa like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Really like the pins. Maybe add a photo of a side view of the first piece. Sure is in the style of an older brooch and seems to have nice quality.

5. J Dagger

Good call! I’m a bonehead. Definite repair! So overwhelmed with the pile of shiny things I neglected to look close. 57C9F730-5AFA-4CB9-83A8-61A44387BF6C.jpeg

KSW and antidiem like this.
  6. J Dagger

Now I wonder if it may be silver and the mark was on the pin rather than body? I’d lean towards not but it doesn’t look impossible.

KSW and antidiem like this.
  7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Turbo marmoratus, green turban shell.

8. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I like the 4-sided bracelet! :)

J Dagger likes this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Brooch is older Czech, between the wars. Get a bit of windex on a toothbrush and give it a gentle clean.

Bracelet looks older Chinese.

KSW, bercrystal and J Dagger like this.
  10. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Very cool! Learned something new today. Now if my old brain would just retain it!

J Dagger likes this.
  11. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Make sure you have barely any Windex on the tooth brush. Better yet, use alcohol, shake the toothbrush so it's no very wet and clean off the stones. Then hit it right away with a hair dryer to make sure no moisture remains, moisture can destroy the foiling on the back of the rhinestones :(

bercrystal and J Dagger like this.
  12. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Alcohol is good, agreed. Make sure you shake the toothbrush into your mouth, crime to waste it.

13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Unless it's rubbing alcohol!

J Dagger likes this.
  14. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I have found alcohol is better than Windex because it will clean off hairspray. In the 50s and 60s especially, hairspray was the last touch before going out, I can't tell you how many earrings I have found coated with hairspray and stuck with dust :(

J Dagger likes this.
  15. J Dagger

Thanks for the cleaning tips. Very good to know!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted