Featured Ownedbybear: Brown Aesthetic Transferware. Pattern?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Apr 16, 2020.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

@Ownedbybear I probably have a snowball chance in h*ll trying to find the producer of this Aesthetic Transferware wash bowl and pitcher but thought I would check here just in case. The matching Rd number is 203390 which dates to 1892. Thought maybe if you just happen to recognize this beast I may be able to determine pattern name. Bowl is just shy of 16" diameter WashBowlPitcher.JPG
    WashBowlPitcher7.JPG

WashBowlPitcher5.JPG

2. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

Everytime you say that, an answer seems to be forthcoming in relatively short order!

3. *crs*

One could only hope so :angelic:

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

5. *crs*

Hmm, thank you very much sis (sorry;) ). I probably should have looked in the B&W Transfer site to begin with. I started to but didn't think there would be any brown & white so I didn't. At least with the company I can search their patterns.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  6. *crs*

Bummer, no such luck :dead: Back to the drawing board. The pattern looks to be close enough to be Furnivals

7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

The lowers are roses if that helps :)

8. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

It was Say_it_slowly, rather than Ownedbybear, who posted the blue and white Furnivals - gotta say, looks like the same transfer to me too...

~Cheryl

furnivalswildrose1.JPG

furnivalswildrose2.JPG

9. *crs*

Yes , she did Cheryl and I caught my mistake and apologized before I saw your post :angelic: Thank you :)

KikoBlueEyes and scoutshouse like this.
  10. flipper

So are there really a lot of snowballs in Hell, *crs*?

KikoBlueEyes and *crs* like this.
  11. *crs*

LOL, I doubt it. Trying to find the pattern name is proving to be difficult :happy:
    The pattern is not even shown on Lovers of Blue & white website for Furnivals. They do have some brown transferware though. Makes me wonder if they had the company IDed correctly as they didn't show the cartouche. Just say that it is incised with Furnivals

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  12. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Gawd. Dunno, but let me have a ponder. ;) Dog roses anyhow.

Bear in mind that the Rd could apply to the shape. And that shapes got licensed for use by other makers and also transfers could be freely bought in.

*crs* and DragonflyWink like this.
  13. *crs*

Thank you Ownedbybear. The "R" site has a pattern called May under Furnivals that looks like it may be it but it is a lousy picture

14. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

*crs* likes this.
  15. *crs*

There is a raised area on both pieces that looks like an RD No but the numbers are very hard to make out and appear to be different than the stamped numbers. This the bottom of the pitcher. Believe it or not it doesn't leak water. Sat overnight filled half way on a paper towel. WashBowlPitcher9b.JPG

16. *crs*

definitely a better picture than the one I found. It is very close from what I can see

17. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say there's a wash set like yours, with more pieces, on worthpoint. They can tell the impressed number is 188047. If you use this chart, both numbers are a bit older than you thought, Carl, but still no ID: http://www.photane.com/reference/ukdiamondregistrations.html
    It wouldn't hurt to contact the site Cheryl referenced.

*crs* likes this.
  18. flipper

Can you try to capture that raised area better? Maybe they are letters and not numbers?

19. *crs*

I can make out 188 the rest of the numbers could be 047. I tried a pencil rub.
    I thought that may be the case but they are definitely numbers from what I can make out. I think :woot:

20. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

One Rd for shape, one for pattern then. Impressed will be shape.

clutteredcloset49 and *crs* like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted