Featured Porcelain bowl w/ enameled Water Lily design - 9300???

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, May 26, 2017.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I picked up this bowl yesterday with the intention of selling it, however it may not be released anytime real soon as I have grown quite fond of it overnight. ;):p:rolleyes::oops::D:D

It has a raised Water Lily enameled design which is done extremely well with very vibrant colors. The design is both inside the bowl & then repeated around the outside. It is 9 1/8" across & is 3 5/8" to the side edge. The only mark looks to be the 9300 stamp on the bottom. It also seems to have some honest wear & age to the bottom ring.

Anybody have any clues as to who might have done this bowl & when it might have been made.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

judy, aaroncab and Joshua Brown like this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Peggy - I can't offer much help but the first thing I think of when I see four printed numbers like that is Made in Japan. Prob ably made for an export company and had a foil label. You're right it really is well done. Quite lovely.
    Don

judy and kentworld like this.
  3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I agree with Don. Some of the "decorative" Japanese import stuff is better made than some would think. I find Otagiri is pretty good quality stuff.

judy likes this.
  4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Thanks!!

judy likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

NIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted