Pottery bowl..signed..but can't decipher..

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by janettekay, Nov 22, 2015.

1. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Hi all...I remember posting this years ago in that "other place" and never got a definitive answer....Any ideas?
    Approx. 7" Diameter 4 sided bowl.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks...

lauragarnet and Bakersgma like this.
  2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I remember this. I'm always hoping people get answers and come back and tell us.

Can you try this - put a piece of paper on the base and use a soft pencil to rub it and see if the signature is easier to read without the splotchy background.

3. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

I did try that...without success..babypowder too...just too much background splotch !
    Not selling this...was just curious about maker..so no big deal if can't ID....

4. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

At first I thought Autio (as in "Rudy", maybe), but I guess there is no "t" in the siggy, so what a let down.:oops:

Draft saved Draft deleted