Featured Pottery vase,who made me?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Oct 3, 2021.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all. Picked this up thinking Van Briggle or the like,but havent been able to match it on the usual suspects. Its 7 1/2 inches tall and I love the color. Any input is always appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

You would not think this would be such a tough search, but it is!

Nice vase.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  3. johnnycb09

Ive tried EVERY last term I can think of ! Its maddening ! I even took different pics,to no avail. Thank you for trying :)
    [​IMG]

judy likes this.
  4. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Yeah, it does have a Van Briggle looking Ming Blue glaze color. It seems very thick -walled, which is unusual for a slip-cast type vase, which I assume it is because of the dog details. Is it possible its not a dog image, but a different animal? (that could help with searching for it)- Joe

judy and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Not VB. German shepherd? Can't find it using that as a search.

judy and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. johnnycb09

Ive tried shepherd,wolf,animal you name it. Nada.Thanks for looking :)

judy likes this.
  7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Tried Alsatian too but nothing yet. There is something very familiar about those diamonds on the vase. Can't place it.

judy likes this.
  8. say_it_slowly

komokwa, dgbjwc, verybrad and 8 others like this.
  9. say_it_slowly

10. johnnycb09

Thats amazing SIS ! Thank you so much ! That does look like mine,I suppose the stamp could have washed off over time. Id have never in a million years thought European ! How in the world did you find it? I spent hours and hours(not exaggerating) and never even came close !

11. say_it_slowly

Not sure exactly what I searched but I realized the similar type when I saw a Ramses vase with some dogs on the side and then also realized that the base was similar. I turn up those two looking for Ramses vases. Don't know that yours is one but it looks like a possibility.

No idea if Ramses was a maker, a line, a decorating company, a retailer or just what. I don't see the mark in my Rontgen's.

johnnycb09, plaid423 and Roaring20s like this.
  12. say_it_slowly

bercrystal likes this.
  13. johnnycb09

say_it_slowly likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted