Featured Searching for a similar ring

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Madelinegb, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Madelinegb

Madelinegb New Member

Hi all, this is my first post here-forgive me if there is an etiquette for posting that I'm unaware of.
    Anyways, I recently lost my most treasured possession, this beautiful ring. It has mother of pearl and opal(?) and some blue stone, aquamarine maybe, but the distinction is not important to me. It looks to be modernist? I'm not completely sure.
    If anyone has any insight as to where I could go or what to search for to find something similar, I would so greatly appreciate it!
    Thanks in advance

File_000.png

2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

That is quite unique, may be hard to find one the same. You could try 'brutalist' added in with your search terms, it is kind of on the edge of this style. You may have more luck getting a local jeweller to make a replica from your images.

3. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

4. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It’s so upsetting to lose something you love. Try searching Biwa Pearl rings.
    You could buy a plain one like this and get a jeweller to customise it for you?
    401211F7-1D82-429B-B3F7-70EE92AAB7C0.jpeg
    Or maybe research this company to see if there is anything similar?
    98CA3A61-F0F6-4E63-A6B7-CEC4760D27EE.jpeg

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I am very sorry @Madelinegb , I know from experience how that feels.
    The other stone does look like an opal.

It was made in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, if that helps. Jaipur is the gemstone capital of India, and they make excellent jewellery there.
    The style is typical of 'free form' jewellery that was manufactured there from ca 1990 onward, and I believe they are still making similar ones.
    It is not Modernist, but a contemporary take on traditional Indian jewellery types like Kundan jewellery.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    kyratango, KSW, Xristina and 2 others like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

7. Any Jewelry

@Madelinegb , I found a lot of similar rings using the search term 'jaipur biwa pearl, opal, topaz sterling ring'.
    None of them have this exact same combination, but there are also some nice ones with moonstone instead of opal. So Biwa pearl, blue topaz and moonstone, really pretty. There are other combinations too.
    I don't know what you would prefer, but with these search terms you can look for yourself.
    Good luck, and will you let us know what you decide on?:)

kyratango and KSW like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2021-10-13_3-17-8.png

that looks bench made by an artisan.....
    was there a makers mark on the band you remember ?

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted