Featured Silver & Cut Stones Bracelet Highly Crafted, Unmarked

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by wlwhittier, Apr 28, 2024.

1. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

The first three pics are with overcast available light; the fourth is with flash. 7 1/2" full length, 32.1 grams. The settings for the large oval stones are ~12 x ~16mm; the small ovals are ~11 x ~13mm; the square are ~10 x ~10mm.

Note please these sweet details: 2 rings as a slightly adjustable wrist fit; surprisingly robust & massive settings for each stone; an' the 3 pairs joined by lovingly-made hinges. All 14 jump-rings are welded. The overall impression is of an extremely skillful artisan, an' no small amount of time, anonymously behind this creation.

Now...about these stones: the large ovals are slightly golden, the small ones are an almost Robin's-Egg blue, an' the squares are a sapphire hue, with one, at the ring end, a bit darker than its mates, all face-on.

From the back, it's a real question what their true color is, as from certain angles they appear clear! Only the large ovals show the 'magic topaz' surface treatment, if that is present, an' in only a muted electric blue color rather than multi-hued sparkle. The facets on the face of the square stones are square; on the oval stones they are diamond-shaped.

I'm of course hopeful of having a better piece than what may be here...We'll see what my jewelry Guru an' his sophisticated tool determine about them, an' I'll publish the good, an' the bad, right here soon as I can. Thanks for lookin'!

P1410198.jpeg P1410203.jpeg P1410200.jpeg P1410199.jpeg

2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Nice with the double loop for adjustment, looks like silver as stated.

There are some newer pieces coming out that are fairly robust, but the stones or glass in this seem really nice, a bit fancier. I bet it looks great on.

Let us know what your jewelry guru says!

komokwa and wlwhittier like this.
  3. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Well, he didn't need his whiz-bang electronics; he put a couple of the settings under his binocular microscope, studied for several seconds, an' announced they were synthetic. I asked what confirmed that opinion for him; his one word answer: bubbles. I said huh? Yep, gas bubbles...not found in natural stones, only lab-grown.
    Oh, well...sigh.

Lucille.b likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

still a nice bracelet !!!

Lucille.b and wlwhittier like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted