Space watch Help Identifiing!!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Escence, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Escence

Escence Member

I picked up this child's watch for my little girl however my husband is convinced it's vintage and I should not let her have it till she is older. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated

2. Escence

Escence Member

Sorry having trubnle with phone and photos.

Attached Files:

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

1980s I'd think when there were lots of funky watches around. Others may have a different opinion.

Debora

Escence and i need help like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

F96FF993-747B-4528-962D-B6474525E52E.jpeg Just check Full Image next time. :)

sabre123 and Escence like this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Id guess 1980s too. Very cute watch!

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It wouldn't have been expensive in its time. (None of my business but...) I say let your daughter wear and enjoy it.

Debora

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

give it to her...& let her enjoy ownership.
    if you wait.....she'll have the time on her phone...and never wear it !!
    ( or she'll want an I Watch.....& will wonder how the one u gave her doesn't have the internet !! :playful::playful::playful::playful:..)

8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I want that. It's certainly 1980s, especially with the Made in Hong Kong bit.

9. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The case & band look to be of the same type as watches I bought from street vendors in the 1980s for under $10/ea (more like $5, I think). They had simple dials, not jazzy like this, & ran fine for a couple of years until the batteries ran out.

'Vintage' & 'valuable' are not synonyms. I'd be thrilled to have a kid who wanted an analog watch & knew how to read it. I'd be equally thrilled to have a daughter who didn't insist on a pink watch with a Disney princess on the face. I'm in the 'let her have it' camp.

komokwa likes this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm in the 'let her have it' camp.

Ummm......#metoo......but I'd word it different !! :woot::woot::playful::playful::playful::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bronwen likes this.
  11. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

'Let her wear it' would have been a better choice of words. :shame:

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted