THIS AUCTION HAD ME BEFUDDLED AT FIRST!! NEVER SAW

Discussion in 'Auctions' started by Aquitaine, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

One like it before......starts today in a couple of hours........minimum bid to start.........on the WHOLE contents of the house.....or at least whatever you want from it......looks like you have a day to pick through whatever......if you won the bid, that's what you pay (and I would assume a B.P.?).....strange to me!!! In Salisbury, MA. I forgot to add...click on the first image, then you can scroll through the rest..........

https://www.auctionninja.com/mcinni...-rights-to-salisbury-beach-estate-400063.html

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Oh my! .... Guess that is one way to do it. Seems like some good things in there and hidden treasures as well. Would love to pick through that artwork. Will be interesting to see what this goes for. Any guesses? I would think somewhere around $10K but I could be way off. Only 5 1/2 hours to go.

3. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Fascinating! I would be concerned about relatives swooping in for "one last thing to remember them by" and only two days to clean out. Sounds like a
    daveydempsey type of gig (based on his postings)

Boland, NewEngland, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Looks like it has been rummaged through a bit. I would assume the family has taken what they want aready. You are putting a bit of trust in the fairness of the auction. I guess I would not hesitate to do so if the auction company has a good record. Security overnight could be a concern. Would probably prefer immediate access after the auction with the ability to work through the night as necessary.

Boland, Aquitaine, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I could happily dig for hours and hours ! But I could NEVER part with that kind of money,just thinking about it makes me dizzy !

Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would expect the auction house to be trustworthy also but I’d be more worried about all the spare keys floating around.

7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Interesting. I would be concerned that a heavy musty odor consumed most or all of the books. Thanks for sharing.

Aquitaine, johnnycb09 and Figtree3 like this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's up to $3200 now. I suppose someone with a good crew could go through and find stuff. It looks like a BIG house and anything could be in there yet.

9. Aquitaine

And the winning bid was $6,200.00!!!! Wonder if there was a B.P!!!??? I at least hope the buyer finds value for his money spent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Probably make a couple thousand with just those book cases alone.

pearlsnblume and Aquitaine like this.
  11. Aquitaine

I never even gave that WHOLE ROOM FULL of book cases a thought!!!:jawdrop::woot::eek::rolleyes:

pearlsnblume likes this.
  12. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I wonder if they will do the auction again after the winner takes what they want (and assuming they leave a fair bit)

Maybe a good way to do a clear out

pearlsnblume likes this.
  13. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

Interesting, I wonder if some of the stuff was added to the house after it was picked. The Russel Wright dinnerware seems out of place. According to an article I read recently, the average estate sale brings in about $20,000. I thought that was a bit high, but based on the last three bidders looks like they saw enough there for that amount or more. Around 1995, I bid on a full house (much smaller house), a few streets over from my own home, it was a blind bid run by the estate's attorney. I didn't win it.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  14. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Possibly sadly and possibly just as well. This is the nature of blind bids. I just hope the winner of this houseful has a big truck and lots of friends. And a regular spot at a local flea to offload the secondary stuff.

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted