Featured THIS ISN'T ONE OF MY "BETTER" PIECES -HAHA! MORE LIKE 'COSTUME'...

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Aquitaine, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

BUT it needs a pin on the back....one of you that fixes these things...if you could just enlighten me as to what kind of ....glue/solder/whatever to add the pin.....I THINK I may be able to find a pin for it at MICHAEL'S or JoAnn's FABRICS/crafts, but could use some direction from there......once it's fixed, it, among others is probably just going up on the Give Away page anyway, I think! But I want to fix first!!! Thank you! @kyratango and any others I'm not thinking of????

PSX_20220125_135701.jpg
    PSX_20220125_135805.jpg

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Looks like it's all there. I'm not sure these modern pot-metal-ish pieces can be repaired. If it were mine I'd probably break both ends of the back off and use it in one of my wall decorations.

3. Aquitaine

@evelyb30, I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear....it's another similar brooch/pin that needs the back pin.....I posted THIS one to show what I NEED to get and somehow attach!!! Guess I was in too much of a hurry to get the images up & posted! I have about six more of the costume brooch/pins, but only ONE needs the actual back pin.....I think I'm clear now!!!:rolleyes::smuggrin:....hopefully!!! (And they're all a bit different....Mom had gotten them all to go on a Christmas or New Year's hat.....and then forgot about them!)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  4. evelyb30

It all depends on what needs doing, what's been broken etc.

Aquitaine likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

The one that DOESN'T have a pin on the back....apparently NEVER HAD A PIN..... nothing broken off at all.....maybe this image with the back 'pin' open shows what I mean better...

PSX_20220126_215925.jpg

6. evelyb30

If nothing's missing then maybe it was originally something else.

7. Aquitaine

EDIT....UPDATE!! OK, my back pins came in....the one that needs fixing is a music 'note', and one of the 'jewels' I see needs a 'pin drop' of glue now! SO, maybe directed at @kyratango, or whoever else puts inexpensive "stuff" back together??? I need to know what glue will stick with the pin to the white metal???? PUHLEEZE????? AND, as always, Thank You!!!
    Is it as simple as "Super Glue"????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

NOTE TO FIX.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  8. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

E6000 glue is advised by costume repairers forum.
    Let sit untouched for 24h after putting together:)

Aquitaine likes this.
  9. Aquitaine

Thank you @kyratango!!! The YouTube videos I watched last night were using blow torches, which I've never!! and it didn't look easy OR fun!!!!

kyratango and Born2it like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted