Featured Unmarked R.S. Prussia portrait porcelain?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jaime Riggs, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Jaime Riggs

Jaime Riggs Well-Known Member

Hello, back again. Got this for a few dollars in an auction and trying to ID. I'm just venturing into porcelain and I have a lot to learn. Any help with resources to ID appreciated. Measures 6.5" across and 2" high.

IMG_3117.jpg IMG_3118.JPG IMG_3116.JPG IMG_3119.JPG

2. Jaime Riggs

okay, think I am right, unmarked R S Prussia, lily mold, peacock tiffany border. Now I have to figure a value, the hardest part.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. Jaime Riggs

Bronwen and bercrystal like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

6. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

A beautiful piece! It's been ages since I've sold or seen a large piece like that. I haven't looked in a long time but it looks like the portrait pieces still sell for very good money. Good for you!

Linda

7. lvetterli

The research I did long ago came up with Reinhold Schlegelmilch being the RS (I think that's how it's spelled!) and some are marked Prussia, some Germany, Silesia, Tillowitz and such. I'm sure someone knows but I just assumed these are all different factories or production sites.

Linda

johnnycb09, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  8. lvetterli

9. Jaime Riggs

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. lvetterli

Oh, thanks. That's my little Annie, she's been gone 6 years now. She was the sweetest. Snickers is a nice companion but I do miss my little girl.

Linda

Jaime Riggs and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You miss them all when they've gone, but the special ones hurt a lot, even years later. I know what it's like. Big hug, Linda.:kiss:

komokwa likes this.
  12. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

We love all of our 4 legged companions. Sometimes, there is that one, that left a bit larger of a hole in our hearts. Two years later, we still speak of ours - he was unique, the most needy in so many ways, the most human like behaviors, the most demanding of my attention & the best companion I could have ever had (next to the husband, I guess) may your Annie always bring a smile to your heart, I know my Chandler-Bing still does.

Jaime Riggs and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted