Featured Vintage Mid Century Modern Lamps

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Alesia42, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

Hi!....This is todays haul....via an Estate sale.....I went looking for another Korean chest but it had been sold....so I looked around and stumbled upon these Lamps....they were actually being use to light the area....it was the last day so I asked if I could purchase them for $10 for the pair....the guy said yes...(silently I was on cloud 9...meaning I was very pleased).......these are a pair of Mid Century Drip Glaze Lamps...approx 18.5 in ht...7.25 in w at widest point....minus the lamp shades and other than a little dust/dirt etc...they are in great condition with no apparent damage...there are a couple of areas around the bottom of the metal base where its turning green....but other than that they are a great buy...... rsz_vintage_mid_century_modern_drip_glaze_lamps_10_005.jpg rsz_vintage_mid_century_modern_drip_glaze_lamps_10_007.jpg rsz_mid_century_drip_glaze_lamps_after_cleaning_002.jpg rsz_mid_century_drip_glaze_lamps_after_cleaning_004.jpg rsz_mid_century_drip_glaze_lamps_after_cleaning_003.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    pearlsnblume, Houseful and judy like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The plugs look 70s to me, perhaps 10 years either way.

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  3. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

the plugs could be 70's.....they could have been replaced......

judy likes this.
  4. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

....the plugs may not be original....and could have been replaced at some point

judy likes this.
  5. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

....this same Estate sale company sold me a Willett Trans East solid cherry 11 drawer dresser with matching mirror for $50 a couple months ago.....its in great condition

pearlsnblume, judy and bercrystal like this.
  6. Rufus@frockstarvintage

Rufus@frockstarvintage Well-Known Member

What do the shades look like? Any tags or labels?

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  7. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It will probably remain a mystery, but you could take one apart and check the bottom of the pottery.

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Plugs look original to me. Late 60s, I would say. If I had to guess, Haeger?

Figtree3, pearlsnblume and Bakersgma like this.
  9. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

Upon a google search a lamp like mine showed up listed as Mid Century Modern Drip Glaze Beige Ombre....on a site snupps.com......I haven't taken the base off yet....sometimes trying to screw everything back together and get it tight enough ...is a job in itself......

10. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

....no there are no visible tags or lables.....it did not come with shades....the shade supports are broken off or something the guy at the Estate sale said.....which is how I think people just didn't notice them sitting on the back of the table covered by a layer of dirt.....I wish that I had gone through the whole house to check for other MCM lamps....these were found in the basement

11. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

They just need new harps.

Bakersgma likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted