Featured Vintage Navajo Turquoise Bracelet

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Alesia42, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

Hi!....This is a nice Thrift find from the Pawn shop.....last fall during this pandemic....the guy at the Pond shop had no information about the type of Turquoise....he had on gloves and still didn't want to touch it because it was so tarnished....I discovered the signature (which is hard to make out being in cursive writing)on the back after I cleaned it off a bit......I'm hoping that someone can tell me what type of Turquoise it is....... 20200901_050945.jpg 20200901_052116.jpg 20200901_050918(1).jpg 20200901_051003(1).jpg 20200901_051037.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2021
  2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The bottom word is Navajo,the top name is a bit strange since it is hand engraved. Impossible to say what mine the stone came from unless you were at the mine when it was dug out.

3. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Turquoise cannot be ID’d as very similar veins exist in different mines and a single mine can have multiple veins that look nothing alike.

judy, KikoBlueEyes and Bronwen like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

An awful lot of "noise" around the signature when inverted and sharpened a bit: but it is a little more visible........

20200901_051037-1.jpg

judy, mmarco102, reader and 1 other person like this.
  5. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

Ummm...whoops!)...at top....the word is supposed to be "pawn "......please excuse the type O's.......

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It could have been much worse.;):)

i need help likes this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Corrected

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

If you’re selling it the only keywords you need are vintage Southwestern Spider Web Turquoise Silver Bracelet Signed. If you can figure out the name you can add it and Navajo but IMO it won’t change the value or searchability.

9. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

Thanks for the info....but I'm not trying to list for sale, was just correcting the spelling.....its a rare find and a true keeper

10. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Beautiful piece of turquoise!

Draft saved Draft deleted