Featured Weekend find

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Sdcookie2, Jul 9, 2023.

1. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

Was lucky enough to find this unusual item.
    Fraternal Spanking Shovel
    What a hoot. PXL_20230708_192501001_copy_1612x907.jpg PXL_20230708_192511815_copy_1612x907.jpg PXL_20230708_192532499_copy_1612x907.jpg Screenshot_20230708-151037~2.png

Llexi, Figtree3, kentworld and 12 others like this.
  2. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

I still think that's why a lot of people don't like Ben Affleck because of him and his spanking paddle in dazed and confused !

judy, ulilwitch, pearlsnblume and 2 others like this.
  3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Cool-Spanky & the Gang.It's awesome-'Indiana Jones & the Spanker,that's a wild find.Good detective work.

Thomahawk, wlwhittier, judy and 5 others like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Absolutely not sure I want to know. That sort of piece would find a market though. Not one I really want to know about, but a market.

5. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Wow! I didn't know such a thing existed...:woot::wideyed::hilarious::hilarious:
    Now I need one!:troll::joyful:

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Also called a slapstick.

Figtree3, Matthew C., komokwa and 7 others like this.
  7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I agree with Ruth. That would definitely find a market.

Aquitaine, kyratango, judy and 2 others like this.
  8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to belong to a club that used something like this. Seems too juvenile to me. But yes, someone out there would want one.

I know zilch about guns and cartridges. Would it be difficult to find those now and also, sale to use?

Figtree3, wlwhittier and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Me TOO!

kyratango and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Would imagine a gun store might have some sort of blanks........never heard of one like this before though....interesting!!!

wlwhittier likes this.
  11. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

12. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

My Pappy was a Mason...an' of course never divulged any of the secret inner workings of Lodge business.
    But it's interesting to consider him being hazed by such a contraption. It occurs to me that he was strongly opposed to 'practical jokes', warning my brother an' me against even thinking about such pranks. We always wondered why...maybe it had to do with such an event in his personal history?
    Y'know, a Whoopee Cushion is pretty tame by comparison!

Figtree3, kyratango and pearlsnblume like this.
  13. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

What I find amusing is you can buy one and it includes 50 cartridges. If you want an additional 50 cartridges they are not mailable. That is pretty funny to me..

14. Thomahawk

Thomahawk Member

You could have just as much fun with 'Pull my finger!'

Figtree3 and kyratango like this.
  15. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Wow, odd entertainment!

I'm wondering what the "Stuffed Club" is in the ad. Is it the stuffed part at the end of the Spanker? Or maybe something that was illustrated on the next page?

kyratango and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted