Featured What Kind of Green Stone is This?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by RachelW, Aug 16, 2021.

1. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

I was very happy to score this pendant yesterday to match my previously bought clip earrings, both at carboot sales. The pendant came from a job lotter's stall and the earrings came from an older lady, who in turn said that they used to be her mother in law's.

The settings are costume but nice, the pendant in particular is solid and well made. The pendant does have a makers mark but its too worn to see unfortunately. Could the stones be agate or amazonite perhaps? As the photos show the earrings are much lighter and less blue than the pendant. The seller was convinced they were old but I have no way of determining the age of them. I do however assume the pendant is newer than they are?

I just wanted to share the coincidence of finding something so similar and maybe get some more info or key words to search for myself! Thank you for reading, apologies for a couple of the images being blurry, I can retake those shots if need be. :)

IMG_0337.JPG IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0339.JPG IMG_0340.JPG IMG_0341.JPG IMG_0342.JPG

FishLure, KSW, LauraGarnet02 and 2 others like this.
  2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

A maker named Swoboda had a speciality of using these tumbled stone chips in jewelry.
    These are aventurine chips, it seems:cyclops::)

stracci, RachelW, KSW and 4 others like this.
  3. Aznathalie

Aznathalie Well-Known Member

There is a very similar brooch from Hollywood jade chips.

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It certainly is a coincidence.
    This type of jewellery is generally called jade chip jewellery, but the stone could be closer to serpentine jade, a good quality serpentine.

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think those were made by Exquisite.

RachelW, Any Jewelry, KSW and 2 others like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Another vote for green aventurine.

kyratango, RachelW, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

It could say 'exquisite'............the bottom rotated version looks like it might start with an 'ex....

IMG_0339-XX-low_res-scale-2_00x-gigapixel.jpg

kyratango, RachelW, KSW and 3 others like this.
  8. MmePlantier

MmePlantier Active Member

Here is a very similar one!

9. RachelW

Ah yes Aventurine! Thats the one I was missing lol. Had a look at Swoboda and couldn't find any similar to mine in google but my goodness how stunning are their other pieces!

I googled some of the search terms posted here and found a very blurry listing for a hollywood pendant that is very similar even down to the mark placement, though gold plated, as well as an almost identical pendant but with an indescernable mark. How do I post links again?

Bronwen and kyratango like this.
  10. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Just copy and paste the link in a comment below, or copy and paste the pic if from your PC:)

Bronwen and RachelW like this.
  11. RachelW

Thank you!

This is identical but no mark on the back​
    • [​IMG]
    And this is from a very similar one, that mark does look like it may be the same as mine!

Any thoughts on the earrings? Same stone and era potentially?​

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted