Featured 12" signed modern (2002) Vase. Help with signature needed.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, May 5, 2019.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Any guesses on the sig? Had some thoughts on the first name but not the 2nd. Any help appreciated. Thanks! vase1.jpg vase2.jpg vase3.jpg vase4.jpg

Figtree3, i need help and cxgirl like this.
  2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

First name maybe Eric, Erica, or Erin? The first letter of the last name looks to me like a K, R, or possibly B?

3. Lucille.b

Thanks, Pat.

Just searched: "Erin glass vase" and "Eric glass vase" on Ebay and came up with a few pieces by a glassblower named Eric Kvarnes. Can't be sure it is his work, but the signatures had some resemblance to this one, and he also dated his pieces. There were also a few pieces somewhat in this style.

Maybe got lucky. Thanks for the help!

4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Great. :)

I did a quick search and saw items in Google images for Kvarnes that seem right, but they had dead links.

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

6. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

The purple vase on the glassworksgallery site reminds me of your vase.

Lucille.b and i need help like this.
  7. Lucille.b

Thanks, SIS and Pat.

I'm impressed we found the maker. Signature was hard to make out. :)

8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The second linked page is a wonderful article and tribute to him. I love the story about how he bought the junkyard property that became the art center.

Draft saved Draft deleted