Featured 1940's looking 2 piece dress

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by billyd3us, Aug 15, 2018.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The only problem I can see with that dress is the itty bitty size. If that were in a vintage shop in a hip college town, somebody'd have it out the door. It wants to go out for cocktails.

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I was also thinking it is a small size dress. Wonder if it is a 6 or 8. Back in the day there were no 0 or 2 as far as I know.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It's always a pleasure to be of assistance, Billy. Sure I speak for others too.

Debora

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  4. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

Thank You

Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

The style of jacket with the flare at the bottom is called peplum

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

But a modern peblum inspired by Dior's 1947 'Bar' suit. Not a true 1940s peblum which was an overskirt on a jacket or dress.

Debora

FORUM Dior Peblum.jpg

FORUM 1940s Peblem.jpg

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've always loved New Look clothes.

Draft saved Draft deleted