Featured 1953 Coronation of the Queen Newspaper

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by KevinM, Jun 2, 2016.

1. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Here's a purchase I made yesterday and thought I would share. It's a bundle of 6 editions of The Evening News, London from June 1, 1953 to June 6, 1953 featuring Coronation Week.

I've searched around for similar editions but could only locate a few single editions from various newspapers. I haven't found a bundled edition like this one. Has anyone ever seen a bundled Coronation Week edition like this one? I'm going to guess that in the attics or cellars of London there are lots of them?

Thanks!
    Kevin
    HPIM3604.JPG HPIM3611.JPG HPIM3613.JPG HPIM3614.JPG HPIM3615.JPG HPIM3618.JPG HPIM3619.JPG HPIM3620.JPG HPIM3621.JPG HPIM3622.JPG

2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Never seen a bundle like it.
    I would get the papers pressed if I was you, lots of heavy books on top, no metal as rust might permeate through onto the paper.

pearlsnblume and KingofThings like this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I suspect there are many others but maybe not all are bundled.
    Also, if that person is of any note that could be a factor.

4. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Davey, thanks for the tip! KingofThings, good point, I'll have to do some searching around for the name.

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted