1960 KENNEDY FOR PRESIDENT POSTER REAL?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jan 25, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a local thrift store today. At first I figured it was a copy, but for $4.95 I thought it was worth it either way.
    BUT! When I got it home & opened it to clean glass, I found that the paper is really thin - like on other original campaign posters I've had - they use cheap paper because they're expected to just be torn down after the candidate leaves town.

It measures 17.5" x 13"

It also has in very small letters across the bottom:

Citizens for Kennedy and Johnson 261 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington DC

Do I have a original Kennedy campaign poster?
    Thanks!
    AA EBAY NEW A ART POSTER KENNEDY ELECTION POSTER 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART POSTER KENNEDY ELECTION POSTER 2AA.jpg

2. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Looks legit to me. There are a lot of these posters out there for the 1960 Kennedy campaign. I've seen them at estate auctions and antique malls too, they aren't that pricey.

3. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

IMO you might have an original , selling right now on ebay for around a thousand (asking) US. and the reprints ,also on photo glossy are selling for a few dollars .

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted