Featured 1978 Artists Proof Print of a Downhill Skier

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lithographer, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I purchased this print at a thrift shop last week. I think it is a serigraph, though I am not sure how you would do that blended effect on the right. Whenever I look at a print, I think to myself, "How would I make that". I can see in this print 3-4 different printing techniques you could use and also combo together. I took it out of the frame because the glass was broken. There were no gallery tags or any information on the back of the frame, the print and the framing materials. I tried some searching and found that there were several artist that did these kind of scenes. I could not find any other prints by this artist. I am not able to make out the signature, just a few of the letters. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_2118.JPG
    IMG_2119.JPG
    IMG_2120.JPG

Attached Files:

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I cannot make out the siggy exactly either, couldn't find a match online.
    I do like the techniques used, looks like a serigraph to me too, but is the tonal shading to the right side - an airbrushed portion?

3. antidiem

On my monitor, all of the rest appears to be tonal shades of white to gray to black. It's done very thoughtfully.

4. antidiem

Coleman Headwall = skier

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

I see the artist name as Kennedy.

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. Lithographer

You can use modifiers in the ink to change the viscosity and appearance, maybe they did something like that.

antidiem likes this.
  7. Lithographer

Yeah, that’s kinda what I saw at first too. Just not sure of all the letters.

8. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I see Konway but not much help.

Figtree3 and Roaring20s like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted