1979 PAINTING OF LITTLE GIRL w/FLOWERS - ANYONE KNOW WHICH MILDRED PAINTED THIS?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Feb 18, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I got this at a local thrift store - I actually got it at a discount because someone hit it & knocked it out of my cart breaking the glass.
    When I googled 1979 painting signed Mildred - there are a LOT of Mildreds!
    Does anyone know which one did this painting?
    Thoughts on it (not a 'factory' painting, right? I am trying to learn to stay away from them!)
    Thanks,I appreciate the help.

AA ART PAINTING MILDRED CHILD PAINTING 1AAAZZ.JPG AA ART PAINTING MILDRED CHILD PAINTING 2AA.JPG AA ART PAINTING MILDRED CHILD PAINTING 3AA.JPG

bobsyouruncle likes this.
  2. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Mildred, whomever she is, paints in the style of Jesse Wilcox Smith (huge favorite of mine). It's very sweet, and the colors are lovely.

3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Not by a very skilled artist. Some parts on her are ok but if you look at her hands/arms they lack detail. They had some skill whoever Mildred was but by a well known artist I say no.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

To me, it has the look of someone who copied "illustration art" from an earlier time. Maybe 50's?

CheersDears likes this.
  5. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I'm wondering if someone didn't paint over a print. Or maybe done from a projection?

As per @silverthwait , the following is by Jessie Wilcox Smith:

temp01.jpg

Lucille.b, KikoBlueEyes and Bakersgma like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

so just some gal who likes to paint..........

7. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jivvy! Amazing isn't it, how the copy just isn't the original -- no matter how sweet!

Jivvy and Bakersgma like this.
  8. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

It's a painting; I don't see any print - plus the paper it's on is thick & not one a print comes on - maybe a copy by a fan?

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted