Featured 1982 REPRINT OF 1968 JOHN LENNON LOVE DRAWINGS CALANDER

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Mar 1, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

A friend found this in a storage unit he won at auction & I ended up buying it with a lot of other 80's stuff; mostly toys & games.
    It's a 1982 printing of a 1969 john lennon love drawings calendar.
    I've attached a photo or two but they are mostly TOO graphic to print w/o fear of the post being taken down!
    My question - I've found individual copies of the drawings when searching for this but no complete calendar -did everyone take them apart & sell the prints of each drawing?
    Does it have any value - because I am surprised I can't find more examples!
    Thanks in advance.

COLLECTIBLE JOHN LENNON CALENDER 1A.JPG COLLECTIBLE JOHN LENNON CALENDER 2A.JPG COLLECTIBLE JOHN LENNON CALENDER 3A.JPG COLLECTIBLE JOHN LENNON CALENDER 4A.JPG COLLECTIBLE JOHN LENNON CALENDER 6A.JPG

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

3. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

4. journeymagazine

12 of them are in it - including john performing oral sex on yoko and a spread eagle view of yoko.
    Is this as rare as it seems being all together?
    I can't find another to get a value to compare!
    $17 got me the calander and 8 1966 stamps of each Beatle plus 8 if a group pic plus a 1969? Lennon book marker -
    I'm thinking of making something a la Warhol and frame it with the pieces?

scoutshouse and Bronwen like this.
  5. journeymagazine

PS .The odd amount was the change from buying a stack of 80s games (troll treasures, a team (still sealed!) Casper & more )- plus a box of 126 vintage comics ($1.00 each); I love when my friend finds stuff other than furniture in a storage auction unit - he has no interest and sells the stuff to me cheap!

scoutshouse and Bronwen like this.
  6. journeymagazine

Can anyone find another example?

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

INH's link it shows the Ebay seller who sold it, they seem to still be in business but have an insane amount of FB, so wondering if it might be a group of sellers.

Journey, if you can't find any other examples, a bit of a long shot, but you could always try writing the Ebay seller to see if they remember it.

i need help likes this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Good thinking Lucille, I’m not to savvy with EBay! I didn’t even notice that. :)

10. journeymagazine

Thanks all - any suggestions on what I should ask for it?

11. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I did search their sold listings, of which there are many, but either the calendar wasn't sold or transaction was too long ago to be picked up now. Probably the latter. Wonder if it would have been 'adults only', or do they do that anymore?

Draft saved Draft deleted