2 Bisque Pieces

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Sep 25, 2017.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

IMG_3581.JPG IMG_3582.JPG IMG_3583.JPG IMG_3584.JPG IMG_3585.JPG Any idea of the origin/maker? Not sure if they are by the same manufacturer.

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

How pretty and delicate!! But sorry I can't help....the urn I'd almost want to say white Wedgwood, but I know I'm not right......

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

upload_2017-9-25_22-27-8.png
    Looks like red numbers. Might be Japan on which ever this mark is on.

The urn looks like it is missing a lid.

There is a specific name for this white bisque. Something blanc. Sorry, having a hard time remembering names and words tonight.

judy likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Blanc de Chine.

gregsglass and judy like this.
  5. kardinalisimo

Blanc De Chine is usually the Western term given to Chinese porcelain with white glaze made in Dehua. No glaze involved here.

6. kardinalisimo

IMG_3688.JPG IMG_3687.JPG IMG_3686.JPG IMG_3685.JPG IMG_3684.JPG The mark in on the ewer. Can't make out the numbers. Also, appears that the urn is made of two parts and the base is glued to the body.
    Maybe the term is Parian Ware?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Oh maybe that is what I couldn't remember and was mixing the term with the Asian Blanc de Chine.

Draft saved Draft deleted