Featured 2 Costume Jewelry Pieces... Does anyone know the Makers?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Karen S., May 28, 2021.

1. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

Good evening forum members. I guess some of you are getting ready for the USA holiday Memorial Weekend. Maybe a few of you are going on-line tonight. I make purchases at thrift stores - costume jewelry; and have held on to these 2 pieces because I feel in love with them and they seem to be a higher quality of what I usually find. One is a colored rhinestone brooch set in Bonze (?) or is it Russian gold plated with age?? I found no marks on it, it seems well made and measures 2.25" long and 1 5/8" tall. It weighs 1.2 ounces. The first 7 photos pertain to this brooch. The 2.) is a unique gold color necklace with rectangular links and a removable floral brooch which measures 2.5" by 1 and 5/8 inches. It is removable and can be worn as a brooch. The remaining necklace has an attached small 3 leaf-ish shape at the front so the necklace can be worn this way without the brooch. Again there is no maker's mark on either of the 2 pieces. The necklace measures 17.5 inches long. I'm sorry I attached so many photos but it was difficult to get good lighting on the pieces and I wanted you all to get a good look. If you know the ages of these and the makers; 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 18.jpg 17.jpg 16.jpg and I would be grateful if you see any value in either. Thank you so much ahead for reading and looking!!!
    Karen

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I am not a jooile, but the first one is lovely.
    Wait for others to help you out. Great photos.

judy likes this.
  3. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

Here are the rest of the photos for the necklace.
    Karen 14.jpg 13.jpg 12.jpg 11.jpg 10.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The rhinestone pin is new or relatively so. The pin looks like it's late 60s to mid-70s. The necklace could be early 80s but it's more 1970s.

judy likes this.
  5. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

Thank you evelyb30. Either pieces by a recognizable designer?

judy likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Not for sure.

judy likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Agree the rhinestones are very new. The necklace and brooch combo is very clever. That graved matt and pearls are late 60s into early 70s. I've earrings like that.

8. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

Thank you ownedbybear.
    Karen

9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's a very nice necklace, that.

Draft saved Draft deleted