Featured 2 old? silver bracelets

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by sgt4eva, Apr 1, 2024.

1. sgt4eva

sgt4eva Member

PXL_20240401_200916800.MP.jpg PXL_20240401_200922492.MP.jpg PXL_20240401_200935749.MP.jpg PXL_20240401_200955743.MP.jpg The first one is 32 grams and has "S9 King" marked on the back but I cant find anything related to this.

and the second one says "925 mexico"

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to figure out more about these? Im curious if the first one has opals on it

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The first one is mother of pearl (shell). It's either Native American or a good wannabe. I've seen things similar to the second one before. The mark usually means factory-made and not horribly old, probably 90s or later.

3. sgt4eva

sgt4eva Member

Ahh i understand, is there any way for me to figure out if its real?

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

5. sgt4eva

sgt4eva Member

The S9 means size 9, correct? Doesnt look like that website has "King" anywhere. Thank you for posting though

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Figtree3, Aquitaine, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  7. sgt4eva

sgt4eva Member

That is it! mystery solved, thank you very much. I know value and pricing isnt spoken about much on here but how do you generally value these pieces without looking up previous sales? I bought this one for $50, they had other pieces as well from s king but i wasnt sure if they were worth anything

Aquitaine and Bronwen like this.
  8. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I would love to price things on vibes only (and it seems a lot of dealers on certain sites do :bucktooth:), but you actually do have to look at previous sales. Go to ebay, use the keywords you've now got, and hit the check mark for Sold.

And keep in mind that unrepaired damage will significantly drop your price. You could get a quote from a jeweler, but it may not be worth it for resale afterwords.

Bronwen likes this.
  9. sgt4eva

sgt4eva Member

Thats great to know, thank you

mirana likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted