Featured 2 paintings + 1 litho - is 1st by Wyndham Lloyd? Help w/signatures on other 2?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Dec 13, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found these 2 of the 3 pieces at my regular thrift store last week (and 5 Haitian paintings yesterday - it's been a art jackpot!) - I believe the 1st painting is by Wyndham Lloyd but the 2 signatures I've found were both spelled out - is mine by Wyndham Lloyd?

The 2nd one was given to me by someone who came to my estate/garage sale over the weekend & bought almost $300 worth of albums, so I gave him a couple albums for free - and as he was loading his car he said he noticed I had a lot of art & did I want this landscape he'd found? It looked fairly well done & I thanked him, but is it good? I remember a tv show (I think his name was Ross) who showed how easy it was to paint landscapes & clouds, etc.. - so is it worth keeping (my phone camera doesn't do any of then justice)? And on top of that the signature is barely visible so I can't tell if it's by a good artist - can anyone make out the signature?

Finally the last one, a lithograph(?) kinda reminds me of Diego Rivera? It is pencil signed & numbered but I need help with the signature, please. To me it looks like L. Gay M or Gol M. ?

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated!

ART PAINTING WYNDHAM LLOYD 1AA.jpg ART PAINTING WYNDHAM LLOYD 1BAA.jpg ART PAINTING WYNDHAM LLOYD 2BAA.jpg ART PAINTING WYNDHAM LLOYD 3AA.jpg

ART PAINTING LANDSCAPE TREES 1AA.jpg ART PAINTING LANDSCAPE TREES 2AA.jpg ART PAINTING LANDSCAPE TREES 3AAB.jpg

ART PRINT BABY IN BACK PACK & MOM 1AA.jpg ART PRINT BABY IN BACK PACK & MOM 2AA.jpg ART PRINT BABY IN BACK PACK & MOM 3AA.jpg

J Dagger, Happy!, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Both those landscapes are lovely. There are a whole lot of "Lloyd's" that were artists !

J Dagger and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. journeymagazine

But the W. makes it possible?!

4. johnnycb09

Makes possible ? Also,what is that faint pencil writing on the left of the back of the 1st one?

mirana likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

6. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

That is not a bob ross painting.

Happy!, Any Jewelry and mirana like this.
  7. journeymagazine

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

What does it say in the upper left hand corner? Am I reading the title correctly as 'Sunset'?

Debora

9. journeymagazine

I didn't see it! It says:
    2/90 Bill Lloyd "sunset"

10. journeymagazine

Yes! didn't see it - it says 2/90 Bill Lloyd "sunset"

11. journeymagazine

Any ideas on the lady carrying her child in the cloth back pack?
    Doesn't it have a Diego Rivera look?

12. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

No

Draft saved Draft deleted