2 Porcelain or pottery MCM lamps --anything special?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Trying to avoid larger items as I primarily sell online, but these were $10 for the set of two at a fairly high end estate (possibly because shades have a burn mark).

The base has an intentional "crackle" look, top section is wood, and there is even a wooden finial ball on top of each. Shades are kind of unusual -- rounded on one side, flat on the other.

Part of the shade (on each) has a burn mark. No idea how this could have happened as the shade clears the bulb by a solid 6" on each side, but nevertheless is there. Also I think they might have been re-wired or re-configured, as the little knob on the front doesn't seem to do anything (not sure if that was originally a 2nd switch or something) but now you just turn on and off as you would with a regular lamp, standard switch by the bulb.

Anyway, getting ready to see if someone can use them, was even ready to, try on Craigslist maybe for $20-40 for the set, or even DONATE as they are taking up space, but thought I'd run them by the group. They sort of have an "Italian" look but might be off base. Curious if anyone recognizes a possible maker or style. Thanks for taking a look.

lamp2.jpg lamp3b.jpg lamp3.jpg lamp6.jpg lamp8.jpg

Houseful and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted