Featured 2 very long dangle earrings one is kinda unusual but both unsigned

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by gauntlettgems, Nov 22, 2022.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

A9992BEC-A66D-4043-98FD-E6FC94596AA2.jpeg C2B828C3-EDA2-4FB0-8899-C513FB6CE629.jpeg 42D61DD6-993C-48CD-86D3-62EA71B8294E.jpeg AE9576C4-2668-414C-A860-FF16A55E7DC4.jpeg 99A2BDD9-D187-40C7-BA9E-1E08EEA1784C.jpeg 689F5A50-9064-4CA8-AE1C-36E439C55F2A.jpeg
    Hey guys!
    scored some cool earrings at the local
    Thrift. I couldn’t believe they were still in there but there has been bad weather lately

First pair look acrylic/lucite to me. Do you think these are vintage? 4.5” long

2nd pair are so cool. I see an MW on the one side and not sure what on the other. The pears are glass and have lost their coating 4.25” long. The headlamps are glass as well. These have to be somebody decent. They are made nicely.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Have a great week and an even better turkey day.

PS Along with these I picked up a few others and even score 18k yellow gold earrings! I suspected gold when I picked them out. The clerk squinted and inspected them but put them back down in my pile. I wasn’t sure until I got them home and saw the 750 mark! Woo hoo

2. Aznathalie

Aznathalie Well-Known Member

Strange. Also different fastenings of rhinestones.Perhaps they made one out of two pairs?

komokwa and Lucille.b like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Hand over the clips and no one gets hurt.

4. gauntlettgems

Right! Maybe they are not a pair??

Lucille.b and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

I think they are, I've seen good designer stuff that was a deliberate mismatch. MW rings a bell.

6. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Love the lucite!

7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess these two pairs came from the same former owner as they are so unique and spectacular. What a score! You've been finding some great things Gauntlett. Those lucite ones are absolutely fabulous. Have to think everything shown was designer made. A total cut above.

I remember in the 80's a thing (at least where I live) was to just wear one earring --- maybe the set was meant to be like that? But I'd go right back to that thrift on the off chance there was a third pair and the thrift mismatched them.

Also congrats on finding an 18K pair. Wow.

gauntlettgems likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I've never seen anything like those. But given length and clips, I'd certainly think 1980s. (The first pair is what were called "nipple dusters" because of their extreme length.)

Debora

9. gauntlettgems

I had not heard of that before!!!! Lol

I searched that whole case. They had so many nice pairs of earrings. I ended up with 15 pairs or so. I really couldn’t believe it

Born2it and komokwa like this.
  10. gauntlettgems

No way of really knowing if they are lucite or acrylic, right? I don’t want to get in trouble for using the wrong term

ty

komokwa likes this.
  11. Ownedbybear

I'd call them acrylic, probably safer. And 80s.

12. gauntlettgems

Ok, I usually do. Thank you so much

Ownedbybear likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted