Featured 2nd large rhinestone brooch --questions...

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Lucille.b, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

So this one must be the same era as the last one I posted (thinking 30s/40s). Purchased at a completely different sale though.

Obviously a no-brainer at $2, but I've never seen this construction. Would have thought a marriage, may still be, but both the pin and the large pendant or dangle have a numbering system that seems to be in the same print.

This is huge, almost 4", what is interesting is that the outer stones are pink, very very faint.

Do you think the top and bottom went together originally?

pink2.jpg pink3.jpg pink4.jpg pink5.jpg pink6.jpg

patd8643, BMRT, komokwa and 8 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think they went together fine. Made so you could wear it as a brooch or pendant and very nice too. I do think it's post WW2: 1950s ish.

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Seconded. The construction is all wrong for the 1930s and bang on for the 50s or later. The 3 mark is probably the size or a pattern number.

4. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

You do find some lovely bits Lucille!. Very pretty and slightly unusual to have the pink stones.
    Lovely brooch.

5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Agree it could be 50s. The only thing about wearing as a pendant is you'd have to cut the top piece off or pry the jump ring open with pliers each time.

It's not terribly high end, but unusual that the outer stones are a really faint pink. Was wondering if that pink color even faded with time. Very subtle as you can see from the photos.

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The chain would go in behind the brooch pin: it acts as the bale.

Fid, cxgirl and Lucille.b like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted