3 Watercolors, Irish, Scottish, Welsh?

Discussion in 'Art' started by kardinalisimo, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

Bev, the Morse prequel is fantastic!
    Alas, we have to watch it on Amazon, and only the first season was free.
    Be damned if we are going to pay for the next ones.

2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

There is always bittorrent.

3. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

It made my head hurt, so I will show it to my husband.
    I think he even dreams tech stuff, so he will probably know just what it is. LOL

afantiques likes this.
  4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

He'll always be Morse to me. I loved that show and was very sad when he passed away. In all fairness, Shaun Evans had big shoes to fill and he's done remarkably well. I adored Cracker. They made it into a series over here, but wasn't the same without Robbie Coltrane. I just started watching Death in Paradise. If you want the 60s, watch George Gently. I think it's pretty funny, actually, having grown up in the period. They get a lot of it right.

5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Being me, I just had to look up British mystery series and came across Hamish MacBeth. That hasn't played on American telly. Robert Carlyle - I will never be able to watch him without hearing "You Can Leave Your Hat On" playing in the background. :)

6. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

I used to watch Faulty Towers, Are you being served,Absolutely Fabulous,and my all time fave Keeping up appearances. Now they are not shown here anymore ? :(

yourturntoloveit and Messilane like this.
  7. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Shiloh,
    We have the " The BOOOkays residence, the Lady of the house speaking" here twice a week.
    greg

8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Bev,
    Did you possibly have any thing to do about sneaking the 3 Afghanis into Canada????:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:
    greg

kentworld likes this.
  9. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

All right shut it Tinkerbell. You're nicked!:D

I had a 3.0L Sweeney motor

CONSUL.jpg

Then moved onto Bodie & Doyle`s JPS Special.

CAPRI.jpg

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  10. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

The top car reminds me of my horrid pea greeen Dodge Dart, got rid of it in less than a year ;)

11. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

It was a Ford Granada / Consul made for the European market, it was a 1974, I could line up about fifteen 8-Tracks in a space across the dash, sheepskin seats, it was a passion wagon :D:D:D

12. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I LOVED Morse, but have been very pleased with the Endeavour series. I also have a sweet spot for Inspector Morse. Very unhappy when they retired him.

Bev - A friend turned me on to George Gently and I was quite happy with that as well. Quite the period piece.

13. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

The way you know it is a period piece, everyone smokes all the time. The cigs per episode rate is about 3.4 times that of a genuine period piece like The Sweeney.

Well, someone has to do the important statistical research.

Draft saved Draft deleted