Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
3000 year old baby bottle
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="moreotherstuff, post: 981311, member: 56"]I don't know, according to that article it was found in the grave of an infant and traces that could be identified as milk were found in it. A suckling child died. It was burial goods. Seems possible to me.</p><p><br /></p><p>Given the times, it's possible that a mother could die giving birth, and no wet nurse available. Maybe sanctified milk was part of some religious ceremony. Maybe it was some multipurpose invalid cup. I can't say it's a situation I've ever considered, but it's possible.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="moreotherstuff, post: 981311, member: 56"]I don't know, according to that article it was found in the grave of an infant and traces that could be identified as milk were found in it. A suckling child died. It was burial goods. Seems possible to me. Given the times, it's possible that a mother could die giving birth, and no wet nurse available. Maybe sanctified milk was part of some religious ceremony. Maybe it was some multipurpose invalid cup. I can't say it's a situation I've ever considered, but it's possible.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
3000 year old baby bottle
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...