Featured 5 Original framed XVIIIth Cent French Engraving..?? Part of a Lot Collection.

Discussion in 'Art' started by BTZ64, Feb 13, 2020.

?

Original..Copy..XVIIIth Cent..??

1. Does the state of those Engraving deserve 600 Euros as they look as damaged..??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Any Help welcome....Big Thanks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Hi there again,
    Further to my last Post Thread on this Nude Drawing Picture.....All those items are part of a collection for sale....
    I have nominated the 3 lots by A,B and C for you to help and advise me...
    A are 3 drawings which I have had on the my first Thread...Photos detail added...Asking price for the 3 =650 Euros
    Now B..It is 2 pairs and 1 Framed engraving who looks authentic..But altered by Humidity or Negligence.....They look very interesting ..But So much I think to restaure them to look almost as before..?? Big cost I suppose
    1) Woman reading a book 26x34 Inc Frame...Humidity Stain Le Clere/Jubier Dess
    2) Le Bal Pare / A Monsieur de Villmorien Fila/56x45cm Inc Frame/St Aubin.Chereau
    3) Le Concert / A Madame la Contesse de St Bribon 56x46 cm Inc Frame/St Aubin.Duclos

Asking Price for those 5 Engravings 600Eur 001.JPG 002.JPG 004.JPG 027.JPG 031.JPG 029.JPG 032.JPG 030.JPG 033.JPG 005.JPG

Thanks to all

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Pretty, but condition issues.:( Too expensive in my opinion, and restoration, if at all possible, would cost too much.

3. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I believe the lady reading the book is a lithograph not an engraving. The price seems very high to me and they are hard to resell. Would it be possible to get a close up of the writing at the base of the engraving, then we can figure our the artist of the image and who engraved the plate.

4. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

5. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thinking the same for those Gravures...A lot of work..At which Price cost...Aggree with you 100%%....jb

6. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Have only details on the woman...Here they are...

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      167.9 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      160 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      147 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      165.9 KB
      Views:
  7. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

For me a real Gravure Engraving..?? Margine on the side looks authentic..Despite Humidity stain....You know better I am sure...Am not so sure with this all lot of Engravings at this price....And as well find them difficult and costly to be restored.

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      158.3 KB
      Views:
    kyratango likes this.
  8. Lithographer

I am pretty sure it is a lithograph, even though it has a plate mark. In the U.S. it would sell for very little money.

PortableTreasures and BTZ64 like this.
  9. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thank you for your Franc Response....Good to know it is a Litho...JB

10. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

11. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

the pair are late editions

i need help, BTZ64 and Bronwen like this.
  12. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

13. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Which are the obvious important points to discover the difference between an Original to a late edition...I want to learn that and be able to have a sharp eye next time...Thanks to inform,coach and direct me accordingly...Big Merci..jb

kyratango likes this.
  14. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

it's easy to learn, you just buy lots of books on a subject and study them for 30 years ..Voila!

Houseful likes this.
  15. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

... or more.;) And study them in real life as much as you can. The same goes for any antique or collectable.

Houseful likes this.
  16. Lithographer

Jacques I stand corrected. I did some research on this engraver Jubier and he used a technique which I was not familiar with, it is called "chalk engraving. The goal is to produce a print that looks like a crayon drawing. This technique was later replaced with lithography. You learn something new everyday.:shame:

BTZ64, Any Jewelry and Houseful like this.
  17. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

An engraving is not necessarily a lithograph.

18. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

OK...But Sometimes ,You can economize time with just few words....Thanks anyway.

kyratango likes this.
  19. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Bingo..Big Thanks..!!! You see..As I mentioned previously on an other Post...You can economize time with few words....Thanks again for your research....Does it means that this Jubier engraving is Authentic and Original...??? Dont want to ask you too much now...But it is so exciting to Discover ,Learn and see things differently..Merci encore..!!

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  20. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Just got some news about the 4 big Engravings....100% sure that the Frames are XVIIIth Cent....fyi

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted