Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
'9ct gold' necklace and bracelet set
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="laura9797, post: 11026568, member: 9323"]I would stay clear of eBay with jewelry. Etsy will be a good marketplace for this set. Stage it well in photography and it will sell. I still sell quite a bit on eBay but Etsy protects its sellers and eBay does not - often siding with the buyer and many have turned into swindlers particularly with jewelry. On pieces that are worth good money, I now use holographic security stickers and it is photographed on the item. My description clearly states that removal of the sticker will void any attempt at a return. Obviously on jewelry it is way to difficult which is why I will use Etsy. Etsy's fees are quite reasonable but their clients really love great photography and staging. Kind of the way eBay used to be back in the late 90's, early 2000s.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="laura9797, post: 11026568, member: 9323"]I would stay clear of eBay with jewelry. Etsy will be a good marketplace for this set. Stage it well in photography and it will sell. I still sell quite a bit on eBay but Etsy protects its sellers and eBay does not - often siding with the buyer and many have turned into swindlers particularly with jewelry. On pieces that are worth good money, I now use holographic security stickers and it is photographed on the item. My description clearly states that removal of the sticker will void any attempt at a return. Obviously on jewelry it is way to difficult which is why I will use Etsy. Etsy's fees are quite reasonable but their clients really love great photography and staging. Kind of the way eBay used to be back in the late 90's, early 2000s.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
'9ct gold' necklace and bracelet set
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...