A couple of my favorite Liqour bottles.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Armando0831, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Armando0831

Armando0831 Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the blue-ish green bottle. It has that marble look to it. It's not a Prohibited bottle. Who made these? The other one is funk. It's a face coming out of a tree. The bottle is the tree. The bottle looks fairly modern. Again, I don't know who made this one either. My wife thought I was crazy when I got it. I get a German vibe from the face bottle. image.jpg image.jpg

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

3. Armando0831

That was easy, thank you. Does look very common, that's ok though. I have it in my kitchen, above the cabinets, with all my other bottles and vases. Do you have any idea on the tree bottle?

4. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

5. Armando0831

I would be nice to know if it was just a novelty or was actually used for storing. It surely is unique though.

6. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

7. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

There is an Avon bottle very similar to your first one

I always thought this was one funky MCM bottle
    1124 bottle 001.jpg
    The dark is gold colored
    1124 bottle 003.jpg

8. Armando0831

What does MCM mean?

9. Armando0831

If i remember, it says Liquor on the bottom of my slag glass.

10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Yes, it was liquor, but I can't recall what it was. My mother collected bottles and had one of those and I'm guessing 1970-80. I remember the face bottle from Ebay, too. It reminds me of Anri carvings.

11. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

MCM = mid century modern

12. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Yeah Terry, I thought "Avon" when I saw the first bottle too! haha

Yours is very cool, I don't have my Pina books with me, but yours resembles Higgins glass. Def MCM.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted