Featured A Couple of Tables

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by cxgirl, Mar 24, 2019.

1. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

This anonymous age you think you are in is a myth, total nonsense. Google, FB, the Govt and others know more you than you know about you.
    Legislation is being proposed that would do away with this myth and i support it, the internet would be much different than it is now i argue. People say things anonymously (they think) that they would NEVER say otherwise.
    Removing the "anonymous" myth would go a long way in cleaning up the internet i argue.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    antidiem, patd8643 and komokwa like this.
  2. James Conrad

You don't know that, you are speculating.

antidiem and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I've been here for 4 1/2 years...& have contributed over 30,000 posts......across all the Forums we have.....

I'm not speculating....I'm commenting from experience ..... and while I can not prove my assertion ...... the vast number of members here who offer almost no information about themselves....combined with those that have 30 posts or less , & those that have stayed here for less than 2 weeks .... serve to bolster my position that had they been 'required' to fill out a .... minor information form...
    would not have.

kyratango, antidiem and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. James Conrad

Speculation i say :cigar:

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Say what you will..........:rolleyes:

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is?:jawdrop: My Zeeland Dutch farmer's knife, handcarved pearwood and silver ferrule. The eyes of the farmer and the horses are inlaid with ebony. There are thin slits in the sides and a ball rattling inside, all carved from one piece.
    DSC09875 (427x640).jpg
    It is on a long, sturdy knife, and I keep it within reach near the seat where I usually sit, near my roof terrace. Our area used to be targeted by a rapist who climbed onto balconies and roof terraces. He is gone now, but I keep it there just in case.
    Earth to James: It can be very dangerous to identify oneself when speaking with a stranger. I was taught that even before the internet age. And on the internet I can't defend myself with a sexy pearwood-handled Zeeland knife.;)

kyratango, antidiem, komokwa and 5 others like this.
  7. James Conrad

Jesus, I thought the Dutch didn't have those issues!
    EARTH TO AJ: Living is dangerous as well, NO ONE gets out alive! Trust me! :)

Yes, I am smitten with european Pear, it's almost like stone, very dense wood, my first encounter with it was Babs Johnson's table but i am almost glad it turned out to be not american.

8. Any Jewelry

Yes, we are all modern now, although with those wooden shoes you can hear a Dutch bad guy long before he gets to you, of course.:hilarious:

kyratango, antidiem, komokwa and 4 others like this.
  9. James Conrad

From what i read, that "Dutch bad guy" today is probably not Dutch. :cigar:

judy likes this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Maybe you should read Dutch.;) Most bad guys here are Dutch. The rapist was, but I never heard his wooden shoes (sigh of relief).

11. James Conrad

LOL, Knowed it was comin! :hilarious: and no, no plans here to learn Dutch at this time.

Ghopper1924 and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

13. Any Jewelry

Looks like James should worry about his own country instead of mine.:D And US citizens seem to be much more criminal than immigrants into the Netherlands.;)
    James, do you want some of our immigrants to make your neighbourhood more safe?:hilarious: They will lower your crime rate significantly.:smuggrin:

14. Any Jewelry

And right you are. Better safe than raise those crime stats.;)

kyratango, antidiem, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  15. James Conrad

You don't have to, if you are on the internet everything you do there is being tracked by someone. Have a cell phone? Your location to within a few feet is known & tracked.
    "Seem" being the KEY word there, i have no idea if those stats are accurate, are per capita, are agenda based, bla bla bla

judy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  16. Any Jewelry

Learn Dutch and start reading Dutch newspapers, magazines, what have you, then we can continue this discussion on a more equally informed basis.:pompous::cool: Dutch isn't difficult, even little children speak it.:D

And best not go on with all this, or Davey will lock the topic.
    And all this over sexy pearwood.:banghead:

17. James Conrad

Yeah, this is kind of insane, we live in the information age, this very personal information is gathered, packaged and sold. How do you think these Web platforms make money? They are in the business of selling personal information, hello? These platforms know more about you than you know about you.
    Agrees, It's silly to argue over this.

kyratango, judy and komokwa like this.
  18. James Conrad

Nope, learning Dutch at this is point is OUT! :sorry:

judy likes this.
  19. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's extremely easy to ensure your phone isn't tracked and to anonymise internet usage.It's also easy to ensure that Facebook, say, does not hold much on you.

Nationmaster is a data agglomerator from multiple soures, including the US government. The stats are normalised so that they reflect accurate comparisons.

I read many and multiple news sources, even including some of the nasty ones, like Breitbart and Fox. It ensures one sees what all are saying.

kyratango, komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  20. James Conrad

OK, I am easy, have it your way. :hilarious:

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted