Featured A few pieces for help I can't locate anything Glass & Pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Jul 26, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

81E7AA8F-1633-4EDB-9230-BCDE43963CB5_1_201_a.jpeg DAF86369-CFE1-4ADA-9E63-9E8CA0FA9E02_1_201_a.jpeg
    #1 This first piece I could only find a link that sold or is not available that said it was Italian majolica and older I think by the bottom that is might have some age to it but I am nervous to call it Italian majolica Opinions?
    80AECCD8-CE00-470A-868E-BCF7E1D845E1_1_201_a.jpeg 4FBB2B8F-CF97-49ED-82E0-AADC3C4DB755_1_201_a.jpeg
    #2 Is nicely marked for me but I cannot find a thing. Is this anything? Maybe I searched all the numbers and things wrong It is a very heavy piece
    E7DA9F2B-1E66-44CB-926F-6E74C8851D7C_1_201_a.jpeg 6A0364FE-4537-476B-990A-9D064575094C_1_201_a.jpeg
    #3 The colors caught me on this and it is probably new but can you make out the name on the bottom? Wait, KJ symbol HK ? I tried this and it did not work...
    0A42DD2D-C8A1-4EC0-B9FB-CD84D610688F_1_201_a.jpeg
    3D37D190-3751-44D2-A569-ADC4A960AF51_1_201_a.jpeg
    #4 The bottoms make me think these are blown glass I think they are very old but wthdik??? Would they be Italian? I tried every search word I could think of but I must be missing something they kind of look purple to me
    C734F0DF-E41C-409B-AC59-BF6E58B53E11_1_201_a.jpeg D3CBFA86-63F9-49C8-85DC-9DF35A48C6BF_1_201_a.jpeg
    #5 Is this called thrown pottery? I was thinking that because of the rings Can you read the bottom? I think I see Joann Preliminary searches have yielded nothing

Sorry for being so needy. I have tried searching everything on my own but need help from you guys on these pieces.

I hope everyone is well. Please, keep yourselves safe. No condolences needed but my dad just died of COVID and he was relatively healthy. His grandchild contracted it somehow but was asymptomatic and now the whole family is polluted Sadly, he just could not fight it. I was so skeptical about this whole thing but...

2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I can't help with your questions, but your statement at the end is so sad.

Proof no one should take their eye off the ball.

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I can't help either, but I am very sorry for your loss. Take care

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I shall offer the same........So sorry for your loss.

5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I wish I could help with your items. However I will say that those tumblers sure are nice. Good luck with all of it.

Hopefully you'll get some answers............:cat:

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Skepticism is another disease going around.

My feeling is that Dale Reid was a student potter & 57 as likely to be age as year made.

The mark between KJ & HK looks like the sun symbol used by Native Americans of the American Southwest. Obviously it does not guarantee NA origin, but it's a starting point. Could suggest made in New Mexico; they use a sun symbol on their license plates.

8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

9. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of the loss of your father. :(

10. c.free

c.free Active Member

Yes, the last piece is certainly thrown. That just means it was made on the wheel. Like when you put the clay on the wheel and spin it. It is earthenware. Can’t help with any of the markings. The second, third and fifth look like handmade pieces from local artists. But I am no expert. Just know a bit about the process of making pottery and ceramics.

So sorry for your loss.

11. David Kiehl

David Kiehl Well-Known Member

The pottery looks like they were made by individuals. And very sorry for your loss! I know when my wife volunteered to help disadvantage children in elementary school she caught every cold & flu there was. It is amazing how much can be spread by children. again my condolences.

12. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I wonder if the glass one is a wine bottle coaster?

gauntlettgems likes this.
  13. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

I think the purple glass ones are bowls very thin glass

and thank you everyone

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted