A few rings I thought looked cool

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by skyshark, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

AHA!!! When I couldn't think what @skyshark's coin image reminded me of @Bronwen, your image brought it back....I couldn't recall the Mercury Dime, but in actuality, it's waaay not close enough....as well as facing the wrong direction!!!! OH well...........

komokwa and Bronwen like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Why would you think that? I don't see anything elaborate or fake about it. These are probably rings people lost, they got buried in the sand, and found 50-100 years or so later. Happens all the time, ask metal detectorists.;)
    If the ring with the clear stone were fake, it wouldn't have been made with an open back, quite simple. It is just not as old as you may have hoped.

BoudiccaJones, Bronwen and komokwa like this.
  3. skyshark

skyshark Active Member

Ahhh ok, thanks for explaining stuff to me. I use "fake" because my dad firmly believed some of this stuff was BC. But even if these are imitations, I'm happy to have em. Especially the swords. Being a veteran i love weaponry! Blows my mind thinking potentially the swords I have did some thrusting back in the day

Bronwen likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I suspect finding Old Stuff being so way less common in the USA, that it colours one's thinking. In my neck of the woods, we dig Roman tile sherds in back gardens and mudlark for very ancient things on river banks. Same in the Middle East.

KSW, BoudiccaJones and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted