Featured A Goodwill Bins find!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Doot Boi, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Doot Boi

Doot Boi Well-Known Member

20210603_192449.jpg 20210603_192511.jpg

I ended up figuring out where my Goodwills Bins are, and lord and behold, first time in the I find an old Czech plate made between 1921 and 1927 for I think 25 cents a pound?

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It's a gorgeous plate. I sure miss bidding on the bins in the city. I once bought an entire bin of working small kitchen appliances in great shape for five dollars, right off the dock! Does your Goodwill auction them, or how is it done nowadays!

judy likes this.
  3. Hjarta

Hjarta Member

Nice find!! :D

antidiem likes this.
  4. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Goodwill "bins" around me are the last-stop-before-the-trash sorta wholesale outlet. Things are sold by weight (!) and although most stuff is pretty picked through, good things sometimes do show up.

5. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Just for an aside. My uncle JD Robins managed a Goodwill in KC in the 60-80's. His was a very prosperous Goodwill so Goodwill hired him to turn failing Goodwills around when he retired. He and my aunt traveled all around the world setting up his system . Part of what he did was to be sure that goods moved by setting up the color system and having daily color deals as well as monthly.

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Some stuff apparently goes straight to the Bins, and some is last stop before the junk pile, but really good things do slip through. Remember the guy who found the $50,000 football jersey in one? It looked like a beat up piece of junk, but it was a beat up piece of junk from a famous team and a famous owner.

7. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Yeah, Vince Lombardi, I think?

pearlsnblume and Firemandk like this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Something like that.

9. Doot Boi

You buy it by the pound round here. Every location has it's own ways tho. In Pennsylvania, they sell it by the pallet, over here in North Carolina, they sell it by the pound, and in South Carolina, they do a mix of both!

10. Janice Nicholls

Janice Nicholls Active Member

Same with ours in the Windsor Area, South West Ontario. Quite a few really nice bits to find for resale!

11. Doot Boi

I know right! I ended up with a painting signed C Merritt, a camcorder, this plate, an America Homecoming vinyl, and a hot wheel for under 10$!

Potteryplease likes this.
  12. DizzyDaff

DizzyDaff Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Awesome find!

Draft saved Draft deleted