A little help for a newbie please

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by stj2929, Oct 7, 2021.

1. stj2929

stj2929 New Member

I’ve recently been given the task of selling some furniture that my wife’s grandfather purchased at an estate sale long ago. I have a 3/4 bed and dresser with mirror. Only markings I can find are “ash” handwritten on back of mirror. Any info on what I have or idea of value would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

lovewrens likes this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

I'm going to ask a mod to move this thread to the furniture forum for you: @Bookahtoo @i need help @daveydempsey

Next time it would be a good idea to select 'post all images as full size' so we don't have to deal with thumbnails. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1.jpeg

Firemandk, komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Circa 1900, American. Value is dependent on where and how selling. In my semi-rural Midwest neck of the woods at retail: Very little value on the bed due to size. Maybe $150.00 or so on the dresser. Beautiful lacy grain on that top drawer!

You might do better in or near a large city. Considerably less at auction or other wholesale venues.

David Kiehl and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I agree; the bed would be a tough sell here in CT too in the land of Ikea flatpack afficionados. Even my (sigh) niece wanted it for her 16th birthday. The one dressers will be a lot easier to find homes for.

Draft saved Draft deleted