A little help with a few auction items, please

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Grateful, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

Pictures might look busy, but our local auction house was doing some clean-out and selling many lots of items for $2.50-$5-ish. I just want 1 or 2 items for my screened-in porch should they get stolen or blown over. Ended up with too much stuff I can donate for all of $7.50. Many items are already in the donation pile (or headed there), but a few gave me pause.

If you can comment on these: the blue ruffled bowl (is it Fenton or Mt. Washington?), the rectangular blue glass tray (what is it used for?) and the navy square (is it a trivet or an ash tray - about 5x5 ?), great. If not, OK, too. Nothing has any substantial value, but some are still collected. Have a great day. Son's in the ER being tested for CV, as his roommate has it (they traveled out of the country to Europe about 6 weeks ago.) I don't see him often, so I should be good for now. This is my diversion....thanks for helping. TIA auction1.jpg

auction2.jpg

Why would someone have two small oval marble pieces?

auction5.jpg

Bubble there for scale only :)

auction6.jpg

I saw this piece quite a bit on the internet. Various markings underneath from nothing to stickers, to red stamps. Any thoughts on these?

auction7.JPG

auction9.JPG

Thanks, again! Be well.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Maybe a pen tray for the blue glass thingy? Has a Czech look to me. Hoffmann-like.

Christmasjoy and Grateful like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Hope it will be ok. He is young, that is a bonus.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

6. Grateful

That's exactly how it's marked - thanks for the site link.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. Grateful

Definate bonus - otherwise a healthy 25 y/o. Mentioned his roommate on the local news at noon. Hitting home.

8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I had that blue flask looking thing to the left , but darned if I can remember who made it . I do remember that I researched it and it brought nada on the secondary market .

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I'm sure it did, but a young, good immune system does wonders. Will you keep us posted?

10. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I love the blue ashtray, is it glass or ceramic? I love the little pin tray too! (I can see why you picked up so much, it's lovely stuff, the ruffled and cased vase does look like it could be later years Fenton, although the stuff I've seen in later years was well marked, so that may be still a mystery!)

@Grateful , if you want to sell the blue ashtray and the turquoise pin tray, please let me know? ;)

Please do keep us posted, prayers for his safety.

Any Jewelry and yourturntoloveit like this.
  11. Grateful

It's ESP "Sky" pattern signed by Bloom. Looked it up last night. Maybe a $10-$20 item.

Christmasjoy and johnnycb09 like this.
  12. Grateful

Thanks for your concern. I will let you know if they are leaving my domicile;) I really only thought I'd try to get the large black-ish large candlestick and the homestyle jug for my porch for small $$ Auctioneer through in the rest as a lot.

antidiem likes this.
  13. Grateful

You bet. Thanks.

antidiem and Any Jewelry like this.
  14. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I don't think this is Fenton. The little gold painted flowers make me think England/Europe.
    It's a cased glass rose bowl.
    upload_2020-3-16_16-13-8.png

15. clutteredcloset49

Hoping your son is ok.

#1 might be a pen tray for a desk.
    #2 Any marks on the bottom
    upload_2020-3-16_16-23-14.png

Christmasjoy likes this.
  16. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Well, now that they've answered everything :hilarious:, hoping your son's youth will bear him well!!!! You at least got some fun goodies here!!!!

Grateful and Any Jewelry like this.
  17. Grateful

18. Grateful

Bottom of ashtray is covered in felt. May peel it back; I'll think about it.

19. 12th Woman

12th Woman New Member

Looks like the tan and brown glass tealight holder with the Buble can could be a Glassybaby about $50.

20. clutteredcloset49

I have a feeling it might be German. But I am only guessing.

Draft saved Draft deleted